Translate

terça-feira, 18 de fevereiro de 2014

Personal Pronouns - Review Exercises - 6th grade

PERSONAL PRONOUNS

A) Complete with personal pronouns (Subject):

a.    Who are _______? They are my parents.
b.    Where is Mary? _______ at home.
c.    Are Mary and Sue from France?- No, _______aren´t. _______ are from Portugal.
d.   Is Mark from Portugal, too?- No, _______ is from Greece.
e.    Where are _______from?- _______´m from Portugal.
f.     How old is Tom? - _______ is 16.
g.    Is this your pen? - Yes, _______ is.
h.    Are these your books? - No, _______ aren´t.

B)  Circle the correct answer:

a.    I / me don´t understand.
b.    Who said that? - It was she / her.
c.    Tell us / we your address.
d.   This isn´t for you, it´s for he / him.
e.    I really like them / they.
f.     Ask she / her why she / her is crying.
    
C) Put in he, him, her, she, they or them.

a.    Does your brother speak English? - _______ understands a lithe.
b.    I´m seeing Mary and Sue tomorrow.- Oh, give _______ my love
c.    Your boss is here. - Ask _______ to wait a moment.
d.   Where are your friends? _______ are late.
e.    Have you spoken to Mrs. Smith? - I´m going to phone _______ later.

D) Complete the sentences with the personal pronouns (subject and object)

a.    Susan is Portuguese. _______ lives in Lisbon.
b.    I didn´t see _______ because he was behind the bus.
c.    Look at the cat. _______ is sleeping
d.   They don´t know the way. Can you help _______, please?
e.    I am here because she _______.
f.     My best friend and I get on very well. _______ are inseparable.
g.    This pens is Mary´s. give it to _______, please.
h.    We are here! Look at _______.

E) Replace the underlined words by a personal pronoun.

a.    She didn´t see the match.
b.    ____________________________________________________
c.    I decided to talk to the boy.
d.   ____________________________________________________
e.    My sister and I went to the party.
f.     ____________________________________________________
g.    I can´t find my keys.
h.    ____________________________________________________
i.      The girl was running around the park.
j.      ____________________________________________________
k.    She sent the boy a message.
l.      ____________________________________________________

F) Five of the following sentences are wrong. Correct them.

a.    I like Mary. She is my best friend.
b.    Look at he. He is crying!
c.    Is that Ben ? - Yes, It´s he.
d.   Why is Mary with him?
e.    Mark is busy. I think him needs help.
f.     Them want your phone number.
g.    Susan doesn´t like I.
h.     Don´t tell them anything, please.






ANSWER-KEY

A)
a) they
b) She
c) they  ̸ They
d) he
e) you
f) He
g) it
h) they

B)
a) I
b) she
c) us
d) him
e) them
f) her  ̸ she

C)
a) He
b) her
c) him
d) They
e) her

D)
a) She
b) him
c) It
d) them

e)
f) we
g) her
h) us

E)
a) it
b) he
e) we
g) they
i) she
k) he

F)
b) Look at him. He is crying.
c) Is that Ben? – Yes, he is.
e) Mark is busy. I think he needs help.
f) They want your phone number.
g) Susan doesn’t like me.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário