Translate

domingo, 28 de julho de 2013

What is a Conditional?




A conditional is a sentence or part of a sentence that expresses a condition. It usually begins with the words "when," "if" and "unless."

A condition is what must happen before something else can happen.


Examples of conditionals

I will come if I have enough time. 
(I am not sure that I will come. It depends on something else.)

She would tell me if she knew. 
(She doesn't know.)

Unless she agrees to pay us we will not take the job.
(She must agree to pay before we take the job.)

They will come when I call them.
(They will not come before I call them.)


There are four basic conditionals in English, or in other words: there are four ways to express that something is dependent on something else.

Note: in the examples below the conditions are in GREEN, and the results are in BROWN.
http://www.livebinders.com/play/play/886951

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário